IVFCryo Team Members
Don Fish - President and Founder
Don Fish is widely considered one of the foremost authorities in cryogenic fertility preservation, storage, and logistical operations.
Don has a long and rich history of experience as an executive in reproductive & stem cell cryo-preservation, cold-chain logistics & solutions, cryogenic facility design, and risk mitigation consulting. That experience spans more than two decades and multiple industries to include IVF Biobanking, Stem Cell Biobanking, Healthcare, Clinical Research, Biotech, and Pharma industries.
Prior to founding IVFCRYO, Don had global oversight in the biorepository of the largest reproductive tissue bank (California Cryobank), the largest egg bank (Donor Egg Bank), and largest stem cell bank (Cord Blood Registry). Don also helped launch the California Cryobank “Life Sciences” brand by extending into the medical device market and overseeing the launch and operations of the Kitazato USA brand of products.
Before his work at California Cryobank (now Generate Life Sciences), Don helped launch one of the very first NIH biorepositories at Indiana University servicing NIH & pharma clinical research studies with companies such as Eli Lilly, Covance, and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer foundation.
Don has been a contributor of organizations such as AATB, AAB, AABB, ASRM, and ISBER organizations and has consulted or been a contributor in multiple published best practices and white papers in the IVF, stem cell, and general biorepository fields.
Don is a proud veteran of the U.S. Army, having served as a medic at the largest U.S. training facility in Europe (Hohenfels Training Facility) and then following up his active duty service with several years in the Indiana National Guard.
Outside of his professional career, Don is…
- An avid Indiana Hoosiers fanatic (also extends to the Indiana Pacers and Indianapolis Colts)
- Percussion enthusiast (“Rock the * out of those drums Dale!”)
- Fantasy Football GURU (16+ years in the same league with multiple championships)
- Best friend of Golden Retrievers named Rossco
- Visionary and perfectionist with every small pet-project that doesn’t really require that level of detail
- Competing in tailgating games (or competing in just about anything)
- Event Planning (for all items mentioned above)
- Landscaping and construction projects
- Spending time with family and friends